Monday, June 1, 2015

Walking while Waiting

Hudson Taylor from "Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret" (pg. 187)

"It is no small comfort to me to know that God has called me to my work, putting me where I am and as I am. I have not sought the position and I dare not leave it. He knows why he places me here- whether to do, or learn, or suffer. 'He that believeth shall not make haste.' That is no easy lesson for you or me; but I honestly think that ten years would be well spent, and we should have our full value for them, if we thoroughly learned it in them...Moses seems to have been taken aside for forty years to learn it.... Meanwhile, let us beware alike of the hate of the impatient, impetuous flesh, and of disappointment and weariness."

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!
(Psalm 27:13-14 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment