Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Courage Passed On

Recently, I spoke with a man who was a former missionary to Brazil and is currently a equipper of missionaries in Texas.

He asked me how things were going for us and I told him the story about what we are doing and some of what we have seen the Father doing.

I cannot explain it now, but I was so encouraged by what he said. He not only affirmed what we are doing but he also told me stories about what they did in Brazil.

Here is some of the counsel that he gave me:

          “Make sure to bring unbelievers into your gatherings.”

          “Make sure to spend time praying for unbelievers by name when you gather.”

There was so much more but I cannot remember it now. All I know is that I was so excited that I could hardly contain myself. It was like wind in my sails. I could SEE with my imagination all of the things the Father could do…and I believed he would do them.


Father, please show your power and do your work through us. I want you to be our leader. Be our shepherd. Glorify your name in our lives and the lives of the people around us in our neighborhood and please let us have the joy of partnering with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment