Monday, May 9, 2016

It's So Simple

I have read Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret four or five times in my life. It is a book that is so good that it is worth diving into again and again just to remember what the Spirit of God will do in the life of a person surrendered to Him.

I am reading it again with a group of men at a time that I really need it.

This quote has arrested me many times, and this reading isn't any different:

"But Hudson Taylor did not start out to impact "millions." He started out to love God, to honor Him, and to share His love with individual sinners who needed so desperately to know Him. Jesus called Taylor (and us) to be "faithful," not "successful." And God added the increase. So shall it be with us, I pray." (page 12)

Father, please give us a deepening, passionate love for you. Please give us a real love for our neighbors and friends. Please give us freedom to share your heart and your character to other people. Please open up the door for all of those things.

Only you can do it. Please do it in such a way that you are known, and loved, and treasured.



No comments:

Post a Comment