Monday, May 25, 2015

A Promise to Redefine Us

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 

If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." (John 15: 18-19)

The most authentically loving person who ever walked among people was hated. There was something so "different" about his character that people either loved him or hated him.

Jesus has given to us his own nature... his ability to love people who did not love him.

Those who love everything in the world that is contrary to Jesus' nature ( "of the world") miss the beauty and fullness of who he is. He is a threat. They do not understand him...or those of us becoming like him.

And what we misunderstand, we often despise.

Somehow, to be full of a Christ-like, cross-defined love means we will be hated. I do not want to be hated, but I do want to be full of Jesus' life. I don't want to try to make people hate me to prove I am like Jesus.

But, I want the joy and fullness of being like Jesus.

And, because I can...





No comments:

Post a Comment