Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret

I never want to exalt the life of one person in a way that seems to draw our attention away from all that Jesus is and all he is for us, but sometimes, I do want to draw attention to how the Spirit has worked in the life of someone else to encourage us that He is still working and not merely confined to the pages and time of scripture.

 (How amazing it would be if I actually fully trusted that precious truth!!)

So, with that being said, I want to share what I have read about the life of J. Hudson Taylor, child of the Father, husband, father and missionary to the inland China in the 19th century. His life is portrayed in the book his son and daughter-in-law wrote about him called Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret.

From the Introduction by Doctor Doctor Terry L. Miethe (two PhD.s):

“But Hudson Taylor did not start out to impact ‘millions.’ He started out to love God, to honor Him, and to share His love with individual sinners who needed so desperately to know Him.  Jesus called Taylor (and us) to be ‘faithful,’ not 'successful.’ And God added the increase. So shall it be with us, I pray."

J. Hudson Taylor

1 comment: